Monday, December 11, 2006

Holidays on Holiday Prologue: Sober - Not a Word to Describe Santa

This is the prologue for a holiday story I'm writing called Holidays on Holiday, which I'll continue to work on until it's finished. That's right, it'll be the only novel I'll be working on for a couple months. This prologue is done in poem format. Not the whole story, though.

‘Twas the day before Christmas,
people making a feast with pans and pots.
But the citizens were unaware
that Santa was in Vegas playing the slots.

“On quarter, on lever,” he said oh, so jolly.
“Give me some Christmas joy and show me the money.”

Hour after hour he gambled his cash,
and cent after cent he lost.
He was smashed.

Almost broke, he went to the bar,
and he shouted to a waitress from afar.

“Miss, come here, please, because I don’t feel good.
And he said to the woman, “I’ll have tequila.”

So listen to this tale, and don’t move nor flinch,
because this is where this story finally begins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your beginning of your story. It is really cool and creative. It would be funny if Santa did have a drink or two....

Anonymous said...

haha like its really funny!! i <3 it!!!